CoolAir Review- The Best Personal Air Cooler?
What's the buzz around CoolAir Devices? AKA the “Cheapest Air Conditioning Device"? These are hot summer days, and people are after CoolAir products to cool down. So how exactly does this little device work? Does it really pull warm air from the room and cool it down? Is it really that cheap? We had the same questions so please find below our CoolAir review.
What Does it Come With?
Once we received our CoolAir Device, we found:
- Air Cooler
- 1 USB Power Cable
- 1 Instruction Guide
- "I love CoolAir" sticker
The Air Cooler is pretty lightweight. It is not exactly a small device, but it is pretty easy to fit anywhere. I decided to place it just beside my computer keyboard. The USB cable is 33 inches (approx. 83 centimeters) long. We immediately noticed that the instruction guide contains 12 different languages, which tells us that the CoolAir is shipped around the world.
Is it easy to setup CoolAir?
Yes. It took two minutes to open the package and about another two minutes to set it up. Once everything is out of the box, all you need to plug in the electricity and fill the built in water tank with water. Opening the package was the hardest part. All in all, it is a pretty straight forward process.
The first Coolair experience
I pressed the power button and waited few seconds. The device started to work, showing a nice, glazing blue color, and air started to come out. Initially the air was room temperature, but after about 20 seconds I felt cool air. Another minute passed and I felt like I was sitting next to a quiet air conditioning system. I tested the CoolAir on a pretty hot day, so I decided to try the level up bottom. Just one level up (there are four levels total) and CoolAir became a bit noisier, but I felt cooler air coming out of it. It was well worth interrupting the silence of my room a bit. Another two minutes or so went by and I had to bring it back down to the first level, as I had gotten too cold.
How long can CoolAir last?
Initially I left it running for the day. I wanted to see how quickly the water tank empties out. After four hours, I came back to room and immediately notice that my room was actually cold and that the tank was half empty. So a quick calculation and assumption states that about eight hours will be its full running capacity. I left it running on the lowest level, so it can be assumed that using it on a higher level will empty it faster. After eight and a half hours, the CoolAir stopped working and I had to put more water in it to continue running.
- Placement: Put it in a place you can easily turn it to make other spots in your room feel cooler quicker. This doesn't matter after about ten minutes, when the entire room feels cooler already. However, if you are looking for a quick way to cool yourself, placing it near you will definitely do the trick.
- Filling the water tank: If you fill it up with cold water (and even few ice cubes!) it will need less time and power to chill out the room. Weather you have tap water, or a cooler, try using cold water and see the difference.
- Light: comes with 8 different light colors. I personally like the blue one, but (the default color). I do turn it off completely at night, as I am easily annoyed by any sort of light. Just press the color switching button until it turns off.
- Air Conditioning: Try turning off the larger air conditioning unit(s) in your room while CoolAir is working. For most rooms it will be more than enough, saving you money on expensive traditional air conditioning.
Where to order from?
We recommend ordering Coolair Here as they offer free worldwide delivery. Important to note is that we did not have any hidden fees. The package arrived quickly and we able to successfully track it along the way.
For more products from our Useful Gadgets category, you can click here.
We hope you have enjoyed reading our CoolAir review. Please leave us a comment below and tell us what do you think about our review.
Latest from Gary Brown
- Doris Saturday, 08 September 2018 13:42
Ordered two devices. It is really cheap.